Pancreas Transplantation General
- Pancreas transplantation E-Book
- Who Should Be Considered for Islet Transplantation Alone?
- Evidence-informed clinical practice recommendations for treatment of type 1 diabetes complicated by problematic hypoglycemia
- Severe hypoglycaemia in type 1 diabetes mellitus: underlying drivers and potential strategies for successful prevention.
- Islet cell transplants for Type 1 diabetes
- Collaborative Islet Transplant Registery
- Odorico JS, Sollinger HW. Technical and immunological advances in transplantation for insulin dependant diabetes mellitus.
- Baranski AG, Lam HD, Braat AE , Schaapherder AF. The dorsal pancreatic artery in pancreas procurement and transplantation: anatomical considerations and potential implications.
- Berney T, Badet L. Pancreas transplantation In Transplantation Surgery ed.
- S.A. White, J.A. Shaw, D.E. Sutherland. Pancreas transplantation
- D.E. Sutherland, R.W. Gruessner, D.L. Dunn, et al. Lessons learned from more than 1,000 pancreas transplants at a single institution.
- J.R. Dillman, K.M. Elsayes, R.O. Bude, et al. Imaging of pancreas transplants: postoperative findings with clinical correlation.
- F.Q. Vandermeer, M.A. Manning, A.A. Frazier, et al. Imaging of whole-organ pancreas transplants.
- Adam D. Barlow, Kourosh Saeb-Parsy, Christopher J. E. Watson. An analysis of the survival outcomes of simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplantation compared to live donor kidney transplantation in patients with type 1 diabetes
- Computational flow cytometry
- Closed-loop for type 1 diabetes / an introduction and appraisal for the generalist
- A Review of Safety and Design Requirements of the Artificial Pancreas
- Future of Automated Insulin Delivery Systems
- Coming of age: the artificial pancreas for type 1 diabetes
- Feasibility of Long-Term Closed-Loop Control: A Multicenter 6-Month Trial of 24/7 Automated Insulin Delivery
- MD-Logic Overnight Control for 6 Weeks of Home Use in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes: Randomized Crossover Trial
- Outpatient Glycemic Control with a Bionic Pancreas in Type 1 Diabetes
- Day and night glycaemic control with a bionic pancreas versus conventional insulin pump therapy in preadolescent children with type 1 diabetes: a randomised crossover trial
- Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery during Pregnancy in Women with Type 1 Diabetes
- Glucagon in arti fi cial pancreas systems: Potential bene fi ts and safety pro fi le of future chronic use
- Home Use of an Artificial Beta Cell in Type 1 Diabetes
- Coming of age: the artificial pancreas for type 1 diabetes
- Outcomes after simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplantation an d the discriminative ability of the C-peptide measurement pretransplant among type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Glucose homeostasis after sim ultaneous pancreas and kidney transplantation: a comparison of subjects with C-peptide-positive non-type 1 diabetes mellitus and type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplants in type I and type II diabetic patients with end- stage renal disease: similar 10-year outcomes.
- Simultaneous pancreas kidney transplants in diabetic patients with end-stage renal disease: the 20-yr experience.
- Combined pancreas-kidney transpl antation for patients with end-stage nephropathy caused by type-2 diabetes mellitus.
- Successful long-term kidney-pancreas transplants in diabetic patients with high C-peptide levels.
- Long-term Metabolic Outcomes of Functioning Pancreas Transplants in Type 2 Diabetic Recipients.
- Do pretransplant C-peptide levels influence outcomes in simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplantation?
- Pancreas transplantation in C-peptide positive pa tients: does "type" of diabetes really matter?
- Simultaneous Pancr eas and Kidney Transplantation-Is It a Treatment Option for Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus?
- Outcomes of simultaneous pancreas-ki dney transplantation in type 2 diabetic recipients.
- Simultaneous pancreas kidney transplant versus other kidney transplant options in pa tients with type 2 diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes: is pancreas transplantation an option?
- Type 2 diabetes: the best transplant option is still uncertain.
- Pancreas transplantation for type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Is there a role for pancreas transplantation in type 2 diabetes mellitus?
- Pancreas transplantation in type II diabetes mellitus.
- Combined pancreas and kidney transplantation in a lean type 2 diabetic patient. Effects on insulin secretion and sensitivity.
- Maturity-onset diabetes of the young with end-stage nephropathy: a new indication for simultaneous pancreas and ki dney transplantation?
- Successful simultaneous pancreas kidney transplantation in maturity-onset diabetes of the young type 5
- Maturity onset diabetes of the young: clinical characteristics and outcome after kidney and pancreas transplantation in MODY3 and RCAD patients: a single center experience.
- Practical Classification Guidelines for Diabetes in patients treated with insulin: a cross-sectional study of the accuracy of diabetes diagnosis.
- The accelerator hypothesis: weight gain as the missing l ink between Type I and Type II diabetes.
- The accelerator hypothesis: a review of the evidence for i nsulin resistance as the basis for type I as well as type II diabetes.
Pancreas Transplantation Module 1
Why do we need beta cell replacement when there is insulin? (Lorenzo Piemonte)
- Understanding glucose levels in healthy subjects
- Efficacy of insulin treatment in Type 1 diabetes patients
- Advantages of beta cell replacement over insulin treatment
Reception Selection: Pancreas and Islet transplantation alone (Pratik Choudhary)
- Identifying patients with problematic hypoglycaemia
- What is the pathway for someone with problematic hypoglycemia?
- Indications for pancreas or islet transplantation
Recipient selection: pancreas transplantation or islet grafting in uremic patients? (Olivier Thaunat)
- Diabetes-induced vascualar complications: impact of uremia
- Beta cell replacement in uremic T1D patient
- Indications for islet grafting in uremic T1D patient
Recipient selection for pancreas or islet transplantation (Thierry Berney)
- Current status of pancreas vs islet transplantation
- Preferred indications
- Risk/benefit assessment: how are the goals achieved?
- Risk/benefit assessment: the risks
- Summary and decision algorithm
Pancreas transplantation for type 2 diabetes (Olivier Thaunat)
- What defines type 2 diabetes?
- In which type 2 diabetes?
- What is the activity?
- How do you select candidates?
Pancreas Transplantation Module 2
Evolving approaches to organ allocation for whole pancreas versus islet transplantation (James Shaw)
- Factors to consider for a fair and effective organ allocation scheme
- Predictors of pancreas transplant outcome
- Predictors of islet transplant outcome
- Predictors of islet isolation and transplant outcome
- Evolution of pancreas and islet transplantation in the UK
- The UK allocation scheme: design and outcomes
Pancreas transplantation: the surgical procedure and its variation (Gabriel Oniscu)
- Indications for, and types of, pancreas transplantation
- Bench surgery preparation
- Most common implantation technique
- Technical variations
Technical complications of pancreas transplantation (Gabriel Oniscu)
- Introduction and overview
- Risk factors for technical complications
- Most common technical complications
- Other technical complications
Immunosuppressive regiments in pancreas and islet transplantation (Olivier Thaunat)
- Pathophysiology and treatment of pancreas Tx rejection
- Maintenance immunosuppression in pancreas transplantation
- Immunosuppression in islet grafting
Outcome measures of immunologic mechanisms (Paolo Monti)
- Immune monitoring of auto reactive T cell responses
- The CFSE dilution assay
- Staining with HLA-peptide multimers
- High dimensional flow cytometry
- Conclusions and next step
The incidence, diagnosis and management of pancreas rejection (biopsy) (Fabio Vistoli)
- Pancreas rejection incidence
- Pancreas rejection diagnosis
- Pancreas rejection management - biopsy indication
- Pancreas rejection management - biopsy procedure
Towards the artificial pancreas (Daniela Bruttomesso)
- Articial Pancreas: background and foundation
- Uni-hormonal artificial pancreas: clinical evidence
- The bi-hormonal articial pancreas
- Towards commercialisation
- User acceptance and possible improvements