ImmunologyOriol Bestard, Barcelona 2018
- Disappearance of T Cell-Mediated Rejection Despite Continued Antibody-Mediated Rejection in Late Kidney Transplant Recipients.
- Endothelial chimerism and vascular sequestration protect pancreatic islet grafts from antibody-mediated rejection.
- Recent advance sin renal transplantation: antibody-mediated rejection takes center stage.
- Detection of C3d-binding donor-specific anti-HLA antibodies at diagnosis of humoral rejection predicts renal graft loss.
- Fundamental Immunology.
- Tracking donor-reactive T cells: Evidence for clonal deletion in tolerant kidney transplant patients.
- Mechanisms of MixedChimerism-Based TransplantTolerance.
Immunology Module 1
3 CME Credits
Immunopathology of transplant rejection: Basic concepts in allograft rejection (Olivier Thaunat)
- Molecular bases of allorecognition
- Immunopathology of T-cell mediated rejection (TCMR)
- Immunopathology of antibody-mediated rejection (AMR)
T-cell immunoregulation (Fadi Issa)
- Introduction to regulatory T cells
- Tregs Part 1
- Tregs Part 2
- Tregs in the clinic
Current and novel concepts in histocompatibility and immunogenetics (Sebastiaan Heidt)
- Serological HLA typing
- Molecular HLA typing
- Serological crossmatching
- Antibody screening and virtual crossmatch
- Towards epitope matching
Impact of anti-HLA antibodies: why, when and how to measure? (Lionel Couzi)
- Detection and characterization of donor-specific anti-HLA antibodies with crossmatch
- Detection and characterization of donor-specific anti-HLA antibodies : Luminex single antigen bead assay
- Detection and characterization of donor-specific anti-HLA antibodies: Analysis of the complement-binding ability and IgG subclasses of anti-HLA antibodies
- Donor-specific anti-HLA antibodies and kidney allograft injury
- Impact of pretransplant donor-specific anti-HLA antibodies
- Impact of posttransplant donor-specific anti-HLA antibodies
How to refine humoral immunity through the assessment of alloreactive memory B cells (Oriol Bestard)
- Biology of humoral memory alloimmunity
- Evaluation of circulating donor-reactive mBC to refine the allogeniec B-cell repertoire beyond circulating DSA
- Impact of circulating donor-reactive mBC on Kidney graft Outcomes
- Memory B cells as a target therapy in Transplantation
- Transplant settings to assess the presence of Circulating donor-reactive mBC
Immunology Module 2
2 CME Credits
Cellular alloreactivity: can we monitor it? (Paolo Cravedi)
- Why do we need biomarkers in kidney transplantation?
- The enzyme-linked immunospot (ELISpot)
- Urinary chemokines
- Exhausted T cells
Novel non-invasive biomarkers of transplant alloreactivity and tolerance (Maarten Naesens)
- The paradigm of personalized medicine
- Diagnostic accuracy of currently used biomarkers
- Development of novel biomarkers for rejection and immune quiescence
- Biomarkers for operational tolerance
Induction of Tolerance in Kidney Transplantation (Julien Zuber)
- Mixed chimerism
- CKBMT protocol with sustained chimerism
- CKBMT protocol with transient chimerism
- Looking at the future